Tender Documentation Packages
Tendering, and putting together tender documentation, is the process of collating relevant technical and detailed design information to obtain quotations from different builders/contractors for a project.
Once a design has been developed to meet building regulations guidance, the next stage of the project is to consolidate and extend that information, then issue it to a series of qualified and vetted contractors to obtain cost estimates which will later relate to a contract (see Contract Administration).
What can you expect from us during the tender documentation production stage?
- Production of a set of developed drawings to help define all aspects of the proposal for costing.
- Consolidate all other consultants’ information, such as structural engineers, mechanical and electrical engineers, civil engineers and quantity surveyors.
- Produce alongside others; bills of quantities, specifications, schedules of work and activity schedules.
- We would work with your chosen quantity surveyor in order to produce a ‘Pre-Tender Estimate’, to ensure the project is on target for the budget before it is issued to the contractors and the design adjusted accordingly.
What happens next?
- The contractors are provided with a tender period in order to investigate costs and put a proposal together. This could be a week or several depending on the size and scale of project,
- Once all tenders are returned we will evaluate and advise you on the best way forward. We can also organise and chair post-tender interviews with the contractors to further ensure you’re getting the service you require.
- Once decided we will work with your chosen quantity surveyor to organise the contract between you and the chosen builder/contractor.
Here at Acres Architecture, we are committed to providing exceptional designs for our clients – we can assist you with a one-off Tendering Package but can also manage projects from start to finish. If you need any more information on our services or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by filling out our contact form or calling us on 0115 8592784.
Follow the link to find out about the next stage of the process – our Construction Packages.