Building Regulations Drawings Packages
Once planning permission has been granted the next stage of any project is to begin the technical design stage. One part of this stage is to produce a set of building regulations drawings and other materials for submission to the local authority or private building control inspector. These building regulations submissions are almost always necessary.
What can you expect from us during the building regulations submission stage?
- We will first start by looking at the aspects of detailed design necessary, such as structure, ground types and suitable bases for the proposal. Most likely this will result in consultation with an engineer.
- We will then begin contacting material suppliers for both interior and exterior to help you make decisions and begin finalising the detailed aspects of the design.
- We will work with any other necessary consultants to make sure the detailed aspects of the design are understood.
- We will then coordinate with these other professionals to produce a set of information that can be submitted to building control for approval.
- This information includes: application forms, technical and detailed design drawings, written documents and calculations.
What happens next?
- Once submitted we can usually very quickly look to seek conditional approval or at least gain an understanding of whether or not the application will be successful, sometime allowing works to begin with confidence prior to approval. Building Control Approval can take up to 8 weeks to gain following a submission.
- During the determination period for building regulation submission it is quite common for the next stage of the project to begin, known as tendering. We produce a set of information and issue it to contractors and builders on your behalf in order to gain quotations for the works proposed to date.
Here at Acres Architecture, we are committed to providing exceptional designs for our clients – we can assist you with a one-off Building Regulations Package but can also manage projects from start to finish. If you need any more information on our services or have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by filling out our contact form or calling us on 0115 8592784.
Follow the link to find out about the next stage of the process – our Tendering Packages.